We are seeking an Accounting Analyst to join our finance team.
Based in Port Everglades, Florida. The Accounting Analyst will provide accounting support and analysis to management, works with the accounting department and other financial professionals within an organization to help evaluate an organization’s income and spending. The Accounting Analyst provides reports necessary for higher-level decision makers. The basic responsibilities shall be assisting the Controller in support of providing accurate data-based information and in the analysis of financial statements.
Ensure to continuously strive to improve the service to all customers and provide an environmentally safe working environment for all FIT and ILA employees.
- Prepare standard and non-standard journal entries daily, monthly, and quarterly.
- Utilize math skills to analyze key financial data.
- Prepare accounting reports on a determined schedule.
- Utilize technical skills to create charts and graphs for visual understanding.
- Provide solutions to accounting issues as they arise.
- Investigate and provide feedback on accounting irregularities.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s defined key financial controls.
- Assist in month end financial closing, perform account reconciliations, analysis, and journal entries.
- Perform review and analysis of monthly financial statement vs budget and prior periods.
- Consolidating and analyzing budgets and income statement forecasts.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance.
- Assisting in preparing reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the company contracts.
- Account analysts require a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Preferred degree programs include accounting, finance, or business.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Others:
- Maximum two years of experience in a related field.
- Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of IFRs (International Financial Reporting Standards) and USGAAP.
- Team player
- Exceptional verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn industry-related regulations quickly and utilize information in written reports
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates the ability for independent decision-making.
- Must be flexible and responsive to the business needs.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- The company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company’s Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
- Some exposure to extreme weather changes and humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations. Includes exposure to extreme summer temperatures, as well as rain.
- Possible exposure to dust, chemicals, gases, fumes, smoke, excessive noise, and/or vibrations.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.